
This time of year is always nuts. I get through my ordination anniversary (16 years last Friday), then it's Candlemas, one year since our celebration of a new season of ministry so that means there are two more years before ostensibly I am made rector of this congregation rather than priest in partnership (even the bishop slipped recently and called me rector of the place), but most important, it's off to read the General Ordination Examinations next week. After that, it's off to Executive Council. Then I can return and settle down until, oh joy, I can hardly wait, I finally go back to El Salvador for the 30th anniversary of the martyrdom of San Romero de las Américas.
Sermons will eventually be posted, even if weeks late. And so will there be feline fotos. Suffice to say they all are fine.
The one thing lacking here is snow. Virginia and Washington DC are hogging it all.
Back to work.
[my sibs at my ordination 16 years ago; we are all wearing our tartan.]
4 comments:
It's official --the "worst" snow here since 1870! No let up in sight.
And you --travel safely!
Congratulation and blessings on the anniversary of your ordination to the priesthood, Lee. What a lovely picture of you and your siblings.
How I'd love to be with you in El Salvador for the anniversary of the martyrdom of San Romero de las Américas.
Grandmère, I will try to convey to you either while down there or when I get back some of what happens.
San Romero is one of my major heroes. He was open to the movement of grace and traveled his journey in the power of the Spirit - his way of the cross.
Post a Comment