21 April 2010

Really upsetting

Someone I know posted on Facebook the link to this group:

Dear Lord, this year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayzie... you took my favorite actress, Farah Fawcett, you took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson... my favorite president is Barack Obama.

It is not funny. It is sick. These people are advocating that he die. No matter how much one dislikes another person, there is no place for wanting their death. There are enough nutcases out there who would take this to heart and make sure it happens.

I have not figured out how to communicate to this person how offensive this group is and how the poster might want to rethink being associated with such a perverse group. Meanwhile, I stew.

6 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

The first time I saw that the last line was Dick Cheney. I've also seen it Karl Rove. I think it started as a joke but has taken on a different life.

Caminante said...

Whether it is Cheney or Rove or Obama, it is just wrong.

Caminante said...

I know I cleared Lisa's comment but it has not shown up here. Dunno why.

it's margaret said...

Just go say what you just said. If you don't speak out, who will?

Fran said...

I saw it too and it is awful... no matter who ends up in the last line.

Tonight I was driving home a different way and saw a big electronic billboard that proclaimed "America has a BO problem!" with a picture of the president. I know that there were tons of GWB jokes, but whole billboards?

God help us all.

FWIW I had a bunch of comments that needed moderation (I only moderate after 7 days) and I cleared them but only a few published.

it's margaret said...

This has now hit the CNN Headline News in google.