Nine months without a job and seemingly unable to break through the brick wall that is deployment in The Episcopal Church.
I just looked at the classifieds and I am not even qualified to be a housekeeper at a local nursing home. Can't be a secretary or administrative assistant because I don't do Microsoft operating systems.
What can I do? Going back into the world with a Ph.D. in medieval French language and literature and a M.Div. doesn't cut it.
Maybe I could dig graves. That doesn't take a ton of skill, the physical work would be good and the pastoral background I have would come in handy.
30 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don´t know how these ¨things¨ work but it seems to me that you´re really, really, qualified to be a vibrant leader, also a Bishop or a Very/Very...can´t LUISIANA use you and your French too (or maybe the American Cathedral in Paris)! I wish you well and I´m going to think positive thoughts and offer up wishful prayers for your happiness and well-being in whatever it is that you´d like to do.
Post a Comment