14 March 2007

Limping along


I am not totally cut off but am limping along at a 49k (on a 56 modem) dial-up connection. It's slow (though I lived for years with a 14k modem), but at least I am back online. However, I can't sit online the way I have grown accustomed with DSL as this ties up the phone line (well, that can be a plus sometimes, too).

So for right now we're on minimal blogging. I will see if later I can post a low-res photo. After I wrote yesterday, I took a bunch more of various scenes around Montpelier. I'd go back to Capitol Grounds but it seems kind of extravagant to drive all that distance so I can have the convenience of wireless. Meanwhile, I am trying to find out if there are any hot spots in town.

It's scary how dependent I have become on the internet and my DSL.

Meanwhile, la Doyenne is mrowing downstairs. That means she is carrying around one of her furry creatures.

No comments: