17 January 2009

It's a ghost


Tuesday when I got back from an all-day meeting up in my former stomping grounds, I came upstairs to find my alb hanging in the middle of the hall. Compa had done laundry that morning and wanted to be sure I didn't forget to iron it before going to church.

I've yet to go up into the attic; I figure if I don't go there, I won't be tempted to stash suitcases or boxes up there. But the handle to the stair/ladder sure works as a good hanger spot.

I thought I had escaped furnace woes but when I got back today the carbon monoxide detector was beeping furiously and it wasn't a bad battery. So over came the furnace repair guy (glad for these extra-hour trips). He couldn't figure out what the problem was but assured me that cats and I are in no danger.

It's time now to hang it up and go to bed so that I can get through three liturgies and still be coherent for my first annual meeting in my new parish. Ay.

No comments: