07 September 2009

Prayers for Nick


For all your prayerful people... please remember Nick, 25, who has been in intensive care in critical condition for the past two weeks after suffering massive seizures brought on by ingesting a deadly combo of booze, energy drinks, legitimate medical drugs, and diabetes. Everything nearly shut down and even now they are not sure how much of Nick will return if ever. They are currently trying to wean him from the ventilator; they pumped him full of 50 lbs of liquids to keep his kidneys going so they now are getting all that fluid out of him, and they are trying to bring him slowly out of his medically-induced coma. He's the son of a college classmate. She and her family live about an hour from the hospital (same one Naomi used to call the 'big house') so have been going back and forth keeping vigil.

Somehow out of my college crew, I am the designated prayer person and everyone seems to think I have a better chance of God hearing my prayers so I figure I might as well up the quantity of prayers on Nick's behalf.

[photo nicked from Mad Priest]

3 comments:

Leonard said...

Thinking of Nick, prayers for Nick and candles illuminating positive wishes for Nick from Central America.

PseudoPiskie said...

Prayers for Nick. And I can understand why others seem to rely on you for prayer.

Fran said...

Oh - so many prayers for Nick and for his family, his doctors and caregivers.

And I can, like Shelley, understand why you get asked.

That is what I get asked from my friends and even of late from atheist and agnostic types. Go figure. Many prayers for one and all.