I simply don't have the free time I used to have... and this blog is suffering.
So while MABFP and YG hiss at each other and my artichoke cooks, I will do a brief catch up...
First, we had an amazingly successful and fun art auction this past Sunday. (I put a link to photos in a previous posting.) We raised just over $7000 which in this economy is fabulous.
I got in a bidding war with someone over this replica of an icon of the Theotokos because I could see it in our chapel. John Henry Hopkins is nice and all but we needed Mary in there. So today the sexton got it up and I removed the Mary of the Streets icon and put up one of San Romero. That little corner is becoming a favourite spot. A parishioner after the 9.00 HE said that she missed the ofrenda and the banners — she was surprised how she had gotten used to seeing them.
Today after staff meeting, a planned and then an unexpected phone call and doing a service up at the assisted living place, I drove another parishioner 15 miles to pick up two cats of a woman who died in late October and who had no survivors. We had quite a yowly drive back although the meowing came not from the Siamese but from the black cat. I stayed at the parishioner's house long enough to witness the Siamese disappear for who knows how long and the black cat explore and growl at the previous resident cat, a black and white cat. I suspect no one is going to sleep tonight.
All in the routine of parish life, no?
3 comments:
I wouldn't say cat rescue is routine! God bless you!
And I, for one, don't mind that you post only every now and then --I love you for it.
I'm happy when you post but not anxious when you don't. Love to see what you are doing in your "new" parish. Don't let the schismatics get you down.
Miss the cats tho.
I love your ¨slant¨ on things...very fresh no matter how long you keep your thoughts in the oven.
Thank you,
Leonardo Ricardo
Post a Comment