
It seems to be snowing everywhere but in Rutland. Here all it knows to do is rain. Dismal, dismal. I am sick of the rain. It's depressing. However, I can't get to where it is snowing because my car probably would not clear the roads.
In addition to my computer dying, finding out that my credit cards were hacked into (apparently I was in Sao Paulo yesterday), I drove into work this morning to see that in last night's storm the church roof lost a bunch of slate tiles. It has been raining this afternoon which makes me rather anxious about what avenue the water is going to take and start dripping inside the nave. Insurance has already been notified and tomorrow early, the roofers will be over with a cherry picker to put up a tarp. It will take some time to get matching scalloped purple slate tiles.
I did end up with some chopped wood: two big branches fell from the trees in front of the church and a parishioner came over and cut them into stove-sized pieces. That was kind of him.
5 comments:
I hope things get considerably better FAST! Quelle mess. Thinking of you.
We had rain and high wind here too in coastal Maine. Only the mountains seems to have gotten any snow and that's just with this storm. I do hope the roof gets fixed soon. I love slate roofed churches, and I know the repairs are expensive. One church I know had a stash of slates in the old coal bin in the basement.
Gracias compañero. Tonight I did a slide show on El Salvador and the IAES and that was good. Life goes on. We are alive, after all.
And Mother Amelia, we also have a supply of slate in the church cellar but it is not anywhere enough to cover what came off.
OH no - I am so sorry to hear of your added burdens... Prayers from here.
Rezos, hermana, rezos.
Post a Comment