15 October 2007

Yeah, it's not Friday but....

I have been in a funk since learning yesterday that a couple, who participates in all manner of activity in the parish, is moving far away out of state. It's great for them, but a blow for us.

So, what else to do on a day like this (my day off) than do a home visit and bless SIX cats.


Here's Tommy — a two-year old guy who actually let me look at him through the window. He's still skittery, but he stayed long enough for me to fling water in his direction and pray over him.


Here's Silver — a four month-old rescue from the cat colony that lives down by the river. He and his brother (next photo) are still very shy, though getting socialised. They have been hanging out in the cellar of the people I visited. After a bit of cajoling, Silver emerged from the joists and actually came within petting distance, though I didn't dare touch him.


It took Tommy 2 a bit of time to come out from under the joists. What you can't tell is he is also hiding behind the oil tank. Nor can you tell that I was squatting on the big piece of rock ledge that takes up half the cellar because it was impossible to get out when the house was built.

There's another silly photo of him but blogger won't take it right now so I will post it later.

2 comments:

episcopalifem said...

Awww. What a bunch of cuties!

I'm particularly taken with Silver. He's very, very cute (ok, handsome, I suppose!)

Thanks for sharing.

And I'm sad for your loss. I know, when congregations are relatively small, what it must mean to lose your workhorses. (((Caminante)))

June Butler said...

Caminante, we are a small congregation, and I know that it is quite hard when members who carry a good part of the load move on.

I pray God sends you new laborers for your vineyard - whether from within or from outside your congregation.