04 April 2008

Friday cat blogging



This the scene downstairs and upstairs.



I don't normally string them along like this but for your edification, I did drag out the breakfast prep. Besides, it's hard to prepare food with only one hand (which explains all the crashing noises in the background; the little microphone on the camera really magnifies noise). Turn the volume on — you'll hear a little bit of commentary from them (and none from me!) and get a good idea of Miss Agatha's purr that comes through even as she meows.

The routine is that La Doyenne circles round and round the kitchen island and as she goes by Orange Guy, she either whacks him or he her. So that is the two rounds of fighting. Meanwhile, Young Guy keeps jumping up on the counter. I took this sequence standing in the corner of the kitchen, next to the stove on my right (where YG jumps) with their food bowls on my left. La Doyenne is like a shark as she goes around. And OG looks as bewildered in this sequence as he often is in life.

5 comments:

Jane R said...

Love that purr!

My Friday cat blogging is finally up. Bonus photos today.

Fran said...

Great videos. I love Miss Agatha's purring.

As I type this, Mr. BooBoo is asleep behind my head on the back of the sofa!

Lindy said...

Good purring!

Lisa Fox said...

I especially love the one with Miss Agatha. What a patient lady. And what a purr!!

I'm enjoying your cat videos. Thanks.

Suzer said...

Oh my gosh! I'm lovin' Miss Agatha, as it everyone else, apparently!

The others are wonderful, too, and I'm all too familiar with little hissing spats. We've had to break up two already tonight, in fact! I've also just had a drive by of the Kitty 500 (our take off on the Indy 500), with two chasing each other zooming past me in blurs of gray and black.

Aren't they fun? Some of God's gifts, really.