28 October 2008

Post exit interview shuffle


I am back from my exit interview with a canon for ministry development, senior and junior wardens, and another parishioner who has a lot of history to offer. I am too spent to enter anything of interest or depth so a shuffle will have to suffice.

Dougie Maclean • Eternally You
Kostia • Sunrise
Willie y Lobo • Plight of the Whale
Eddie Money • I want to go back
Holberg • Suite, Prelude
The Doors • Hello, I love you
Rod Stewart • I know I am losing you
Uakti • Purus River
Genesis • The Knife
The Jets • Crush on you

The set starts out mellow enough — I cannot figure out the Maclean lyrics but it's a nice song. Kostia is a piano/new age piece. Willie and Lobo is always kind of funky mellow. But then Eddie Money pops in, interrupting things before going to the Holberg Suite, a chamber piece I love — my father and I heard it performed at Wigmore Hall, London way back in 1978. Rod Stewart and the Doors need no words. The Uakti is a John Cage-y Amazonian piece with flute, drums and piano. Then back to the 1970s with a Genesis classic from Trespass... then the set finishes off in 1986. It's eclectic enough for the end of the day, on a night when we are expecting 1-3 inches of snow!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Deep sigh.

And I was thinking of you with the snow.

Pax my sister.