
And how can I stop from weeping?
We have once again transferred peacefully the authority and power of the office of president from one person to another. That action unto itself is remarkable and worthy of note (as I think of so many countries where this is not possible).
To add to that transferral the fact that for the first time the person assuming the presidency is (finally) not a caucasian is almost mind-blowing.
For all my frustration and anger at the actions of the 43rd president, I can't help but wonder what went through his mind as he left DC in a helicopter no longer in charge (hooray!).
With the exception of Rick Warren, the prayers have been interfaith, also a relief. Was Gene Robinson's announcement that he was going to pray to the God of many understandings an invitation to the others to do likewise?
1 comment:
Just reading your post gets my tears flowing again!
Post a Comment