
So, today I decided to put out the chairs that adorn the front porch. Sadly the metal chair is badly peeling so it's time to paint it again (I did in 1994). It's a nuisance to sand and paint but it's worth it. The rocking chair represents yet another unfinished project.
This time of year is perfect to sit out on the porch because it is not yet so hot as to be uncomfortable. So, in the spirit of spring, I sat out for a while this evening, reading some of the New York Times Sunday paper and sipping just a little bit of Flor de Caña rum (Nicaraguan stuff that I first had in 1984 when I went to Nicaragua).
I also spent time hoeing and raking in the garden, reclaiming the asparagus from the weeds and, worse, the oregano which is nothing more than a glorified weed. And, there is already ONE asparagus spear sticking up out of the earth. I will get to have a little asparagus before I take off on all my travels.
No comments:
Post a Comment