
It has been a long day... starting off with an unexpected hour and a half pastoral phone call this morning, followed by driving 50 miles to another church where our diocesan Global Reconciliation Committee was meeting this afternoon.
I am the chair/convener of said group. The bishop, just back from sabbatical, came to talk with us about global mission and some initiatives which our diocese might want to follow up on. The committee members all have different passions so there is a lot of energy that flies around the table, which is great, but it also means a fair amount of roping people back in and keeping us on track.
Then back 50 miles (over the mountain, and through the dale, alongside the river, and up the highway) back home to get ready for vestry.
I have always been blessed by our vestry. The members work hard and yet we manage to play and joke. This group likes to eat so tonight we had pretzels and Dove chocolate pieces. It's a good way to plow through a full agenda.
But now at the end of the day, I am weary and the words and hymn (44 in the 1982 hymnal) from compline, 'To you before the close of day, Creator of all things, we pray that in your constant clemency, our guard and keeper you would be' are all I can utter.
+
The 'Sweet Dreams' pillows are from El Salvador, made by a prisoner who may not even still be alive (HIV+ changing to AIDS when I last heard), and the cat molas are from Panamá.
No comments:
Post a Comment