03 October 2007

To whet your appetite


Just to whet your appetite for when I can get a bunch of photos up.

It's really hard to believe that last night I had dinner (along with the members of The Episcopal Church/Anglican Church of the Region of Central America Covenant Committee) at a restaurant that is right next to the Panama Canal. This photo is proof thereof.

If you look really, really hard, to my right you can see the locks as they open, and behind me two ships -- one having risen (in the far background) and one descending (in the foreground).

The Canal truly is an engineering marvel.

More on it and Panama later. It's time for bed.

1 comment:

June Butler said...

Caminante, we went through the canal in a cruise ship. It was quite an experience. Before that, I had no idea whatsoever about how the canal worked.

I'm looking forward to the rest of your pictures. Padre Mickey said you had the party pictures.