
Some things are timeless such as this view,* one I have enjoyed all my life off and on. It's the lighthouse at the end of a reef that sticks out into the Long Island Sound. As a kid, I walked out the reef as far as the tide would allow me and always the lighthouse was there to guide me.
These days, when I go back to the beach, I wonder how many more times will be in store for me. I love going there but I also know that someday I will no longer have the homebase (i.e., my parents' house) and for that, I am melancholy.
But today my niece and I enjoyed a picture-perfect day, so clear that Long Island and the lighthouse seem to float on the water and horizon. So for today I am thankful.
*[Just wish it weren't 250 miles downstream!]
No comments:
Post a Comment