
This campaign is getting more and more absurd.
Is it really important whether Barack wears a flag lapel pin or not? C'mon, Hillary, that is just plain outright stupid and a manufactured issue. [Clarification: I was told it was someone in the audience who asked that question of Barack.]
Sadly, there will be people for whom that really matters — whether their presdint wears a flag lapel pin and drinks beer.
As for calling Barack 'elitist,' excuse me but where did the other two candidates go to university? How much a year do they make? Say what?
Can we please shorten the presidential campaign to two months? We don't really learn anything new after that time period and then have 22 months to watch them destroy one another.
2 comments:
I don't wear a flag lapel pin AND a dear member of my extended family here is a former member of the Weather Underground. Who the hell cares? He isn't a member now!
I'm so glad that I don't have to see U.S. televsion.
And as the word verification says: Hruar!
Whew! Glad I didn't watch, but thanks for the report. I was in class all evening with the little darlings discussing the first two chapters of Cone's Black Theology and Black Power and some essays by Katie Cannon ("Moral Wisdom in the Black Women's Literary Tradition" et al.). Time well spent.
Flag lapel pins... Of all the things about which to get upset. Give me a break. We've got people dying in a war and veterans with PTSD and how many millions of people without health insurance and Lots of Children Left Behind and someone is arguing about LAPEL PINS?!
But what do I know, I am just a simple country theologian.
Post a Comment