03 October 2008

I don't care how the media spins it


I do not want for VP someone who in the debate employed her callous manipulative flirtatious style full of gee whizzes and winking at the camera. In French, we call it, 'draguer,' that is, cruise, as in she is cruising for Joe Six-Pack. And what is it with this country that once again we have someone with a clear " disdain for knowledge, education, experience and contemplative leadership." (That comes straight from today's NYT editorial.) What is it with this country that we go into a Veep debate with rock bottom expectations and are pleased that someone didn't crash and burn? Nous sommes fichus.

2 comments:

Leonard said...

Comfort level? Seeking the comfort level to make it OK to be uninformed, bigoted, ill-educated, slothful?

No, that kind of "identifying" won't hold up...even the "less challenged" amongst us know good, from bad...well, mostly.

Great Comment. Thank you...blink, blink, wink, wink, wink...lol

June Butler said...

It was difficult to watch her speak and not drift into the fantasy that I was watching a comedy show. Then comes Joe Biden's turn, and I'm yanked back into the reality that she is a candidate for the vice-presidency.