12 December 2008

Friday cat blogging returns

Here are a bunch of photos taken over the past two or three weeks....


Unlike in the previous rectory, there is no way to shut off the living room from the cats so they now have free access to all the antique furniture of my grandparents' and beyond. Despite boxes on the Empire sofa, La Doyenne finds the bolster to be quite comfortable.


So does MABFP.


Young Guy has excellent reading tastes, The Little Book of Archbishop Romero.


Even though the background is new, at least some close ups show familiar poses on familiar places.


Young Guy stretches out on some packing paper left on the dining room table, invading la Doyenne's space (that's her in the background to the left).


Orange Guy has found that the 1948 radiators make for great napping places. (The house was built then and then added onto in 1967. It is about 90 years newer than my previous rectory.)


I had taken YG to the vet's earlier this week; he seemed so unhappy that I thought something really was wrong. For two nights, I waited to find out if he is pre-diabetic. Today the news came back that no, he is not pre-diabetic (TBTG) nor does he have thyroid problems so I guess whatever is going on is totally environmental. Meanwhile, Orange Guy loves to sleep in the carrier so I kept it out on the kitchen floor for a while and YG stuck his face in the way to see what was going on.

4 comments:

susankay said...

Ah -- the entrancing decor of the pet person. Our couches and chairs are likewise adorned with towels and blankets in a vain attempt to keep pet dirt off. Ours is a dog not a cat but the poses are exactly the same.

PseudoPiskie said...

I'm so happy you are settled enough to keep us posted on the feline happenings! I hoped you were rid of some of your previous responsibilities so you could give more attention to pastoral duties. lol. God finds interesting ways to keep us humble, eh?

Dawn said...

Thanks for the cat update!!:)

Jane R said...

Fabulous photos.

The word verification says "opoulti" - which said in cat-tones could be a cat name. You'd call for the cat like this: "Opooooooouuuuuuuuultiii!"

The cats look comfy. Nice to see them settling in.