23 December 2008

Under 24 hours

we'll be fully into the Christmas Eve business... with lousy, lousy weather forecast but that is so typical for Vermont. It sleets, rains or freezes on Christmas Eve and then it snows on Easter. Still, it is a bummer that after the beautiful snow of this past weekend it has to get all gummed up tomorrow.

Anyway, here are a few photos from this morning.


A former rector's wife made the lace frontal for the high altar from veils and wedding dresses of women she knew. It is an incredibly ornate and fragile altar hanging.


Here is one shot of the two altars and chancel. To the left just out of the photo is the furriest crèche I have ever seen: a parishioner comes every year and staples greenery to a wooden frame. The entire frame inside and out then is covered with pine. When asked if I wanted the light put inside, raised my eyebrows in the universal sign of, 'Are you crazy?' The administrator was quite happy with my response.


And here's a vertical shot of the same part of the church.


As a contrast and compare, here is where I was last year and how it looked. I suspect it looks pretty much the same this year though they don't have the mountain vestments because they came with me.


Meanwhile, here's the scene in the church office. The local florist dropped off that nice poinsettia and the flowers on the other table are left over from Sunday. Pretty good.

2 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

¡Qué bonita!
¡Feliz Navidad, hermana mía!

Leonard said...

Lovely...thanks...I´m going to San Fransisco el Grande...I´ll think of you.