04 December 2008

More from the local paper of my former town


10 a.m. - Accident PD Police responded to Cox Brook Road for the report of a damaged bridge. Upon arrival it appeared someone drove into the side of the third covered bridge on Cox Brook Road. The damage estimate is $7,000. Some vehicle parts were left behind, which were seized. Another complainant on Cox Brook advised someone had driven over their lawn. No damage was reported in that case.

Poor covered bridge. What strikes me odd is the bit about the vehicle parts left behind. Guess someone was on a bender.

Meanwhile, I am relieved to read that the accident I saw on the 22nd, a roll over because the road was covered in glare ice (reason why I barely missed hitting the guardrail; I managed to stop an inch away from it) yielded no injuries, just some upset people.

Down in the banana belt, I won't see that sort of ice and snow (I notice that according to the weather, it is snowing lightly in Montpelier 65 miles north). Sigh.

No comments: