18 August 2009

To the hills


Today it was off to Chittenden Reservoir (after a full day at work) for a swim. The place was hopping with people sitting around drinking beer, smoking (legal stuff), eating, swimming, boating... their dogs milling around. It was fun to swim with a bunch of ducks. I did keep my mouth shut, very shut!

We have canoed several times here. But more important, last summer we walked the Long Trail that goes along the ridgeline you see in the photo. We walked on a similarly hot and sticky day (today it was 91). The LT just goes up and up and up gradually (this photo does not show Telephone Gap), in a rather tedious fashion. There is one point where there is a lookout over the reservoir. Oh, how I wished I had wings to fly me down into the water for a swim and then take me back up to the trail!

Today, from the water, I thought of all those hot, hot hikers. Next week I will be one of them.

Now the sky is greying up which means we may well have a thunderstorm.

No comments: