
A woman armed with a thurible can be dangerous.
In fact, I am censing the newly blessed antiphonal division in the gallery at Evensong last night at which we rededicated the rebuilt organ (Vermont's largest Skinner) and dedicated the new division.
The travel gods cooperated and I got back from Memphis (despite warnings of thunderstorms and tornadoes) in time to officiate at evensong.
The organ project took at least five years and, at that, it still will require constant monitoring since the larger the instrument, the more delicate it can be.
Nonetheless, it is worth all the trouble. Tomorrow we will have an inaugural recital.
3 comments:
How wonderful. A good organ makes a tremendous difference. Great photo too. I love swinging a thurible. Story: Years ago, before ordination and, I was walking toward church with the organist and another member of the choir. The other person said "Do you think the bishop will swing the thurifer?" Needless to say there were gales of laughter all around.
So glad you were able to make it. I so love this photo of you, I have to save this one.
Peace and blessings for today. I must make my way over there soon!
"Do you think the bishop will swing the thurifer?"
I told this after our organ recital today and got several laughs. Very good.
And Fran, yes! You must come one of these days!
Post a Comment