
From today's online New York Times:
August 27, 2007, 8:55 am
LowerMyBills Lowers Its Ad Bill
By Brad Stone
Tags: advertising, LowerMyBills.com
The dancing aliens must have gone back to their home planet.
The once obnoxiously ubiquitous ads from the mortgage lead generator LowerMyBills.com seem curiously absent from major Web sites these days. The notorious ads, with their dancing silhouettes, shimmying green aliens and bizarre boogeying office workers, were once plastered across many major Internet sites, including NYTimes.com. They are now much harder to find.
Our colleagues Louise Story and Vikas Bajaj write about how the advertising of online lenders is weathering the credit storm. LowerMyBills, which has the most annoying online advertisements of the bunch, appears to be among the hardest hit.
[etc.]
I actually devised a paper screen so I wouldn't have to look at those dancing aliens, or dreadlock women gyrating across the screen. I am quite happy that the ads are less prevalent.
1 comment:
They have been ubiquitous on beliefnet and caused many comments. Internet ads are getting more and more clever and more and more intrusive. The movie ads on bnet irritate me so much that I abandon our little community on the Anglican/Episcopal board until they either come less frequently or not at all. I know they have to have ads to support the site but I wish they would be more selective.
Post a Comment