27 August 2007

Thar goes anuthuh


I told my 80 year old mother the news this morning, that Alberto Gonzales had resigned. Being a tad hard of hearing she gasped, “He DIED?”

“No,” I said. “He reSIGNED.”

“Oh,” she said, sounding disappointed. “I guess that’s something.”

May they all resign. Or something.

[from comments at the New York Times web site]

As for the President, he just doesn't get it and never will. Another 'heck of a job, Brownie,' comment:

After months of unfair treatment that has created a harmful distraction at the Justice Department, Judge Gonzales decided to resign his position, and I accept his decision. It's sad that we live in a time when a talented and honorable person like Alberto Gonzales is impeded from doing important work because his good name was dragged through the mud for political reasons.

Sans espoir.

4 comments:

Padre Mickey said...

Well, Señor Gonzales claimed that he would not resign and he has. I wonder if he can remember his reasons for staying. Now, if we can get Dick Cheney and George W. Bush to resign, it may be safe for me to end my exile!

Caminante said...

'Now, if we can get Dick Cheney and George W. Bush to resign, it may be safe for me to end my exile!'

Dudo que sea todavia sano... sometimes I think about where I could go afuera but it's just idle musing.

Jane R said...

I had to listen to those words of El Presidente's about four times today on NPR -- I wanted to hear the rest of the news, so I didn't want to switch it off. One wonders about the sense of la realidad in his head; the other day's Vietnam analogy was unbelievable. Oremos. And more.

johnieb said...

El pRezidente is the original Bubble Boy, always has been. The question we need to answer is how such a person got to be President of the United States.