08 September 2008

End of summer bonanza


Look at what I brought out of the garden yesterday. Wow! How am I going eat all the tomatoes? The photo doesn't even include the big heirlooms I also picked and had to do some surgery on (cutting out slug holes and UGH even having a earwig crawl out, UGHHHHHH).


So I made a huge bowl of salsa for dinner last night. I'll be eating a lot of nightshade veggies for a while. Depending on how my system is, I may or may not break out in a rash but it is oh so worth it.

After taking the photo, I also went out and dug up some potatoes.

Meanwhile, the pellet stove for the rectory is being delivered on Wednesday so I absolutely have to clean out the shed so that they can store it in there until the chimney is properly prepared.

Work??? ¿Qué es eso?

No comments: