
Go at the below Mad Libs style and fill in the blank.
I just can't believe how ADJECTIVE the US electorate is.
Meanwhile, I listen to NPR's report on polls and cringe thinking of how Hilary voters are going to vote for Sarah Palin, how hunters are going to vote for McCain, how people are going to go with McCain despite one of his managers getting paid by Fannie Mae, now under FBI investigation for fraud, and denied it even though he was getting paid by them monthly.
But we don't care about our presidents having brains (I don't care if the president is someone who 'is like me' or 'is someone I can relate to') or some shred of honesty, or worry about the Supreme Court, or how a $700 billion (is that right?) bailout of Wall Street with no strings attached, handing all of it over to the Executive Branch and the US Treasury, is going to affect our children's children, a 'crisis' created by avarice. Maybe this really is the sunset of the US empire.
Maybe I am grumpy because I have a painful canker sore in and around the site of my temporary crown. I can only think of Naomi whose chemo gave her such huge canker sores in her mouth so she couldn't eat. I sympathise. This is minor compared to that but does get in the way of swallowing.
Grump.
[later] from the Slate Doonesbury site:
"We do not support government bailouts of private institutions. Government interference in the markets exacerbates problems in the marketplace and causes the free market to take longer to correct itself."
-- Republican Party platform, 2008
Uhuh.
[even later] Maureen Dowd has a great one-liner about Mooselini: '[She's] the first pure Rovian Republican, grown totally in the petri dish of cultural crusaderism.'
2 comments:
Not to worry. The polls are turning around, and the internals are wondeful with Obama having a huge lead in honesty. Even Fox is whimpering. Hope the sore gets better!
Great one-liner. Sorry about the crankies. Here, have a kitteh. Won't solve the problems, but still nice.
Post a Comment