26 September 2008

The new reality

This afternoon I took another load of stuff down to the new rectory. For starters, here's the outside.


The rectory shares a driveway with the neighbours' driveway. The front of the house faces due north (I am sort of looking west). It is not on the corner; there's a house between it and the next. I think the lot must be about a quarter acre. The garage has the master bedroom over it. Also funny about the garage is that it has a garage door on the back side as well!


And here is looking east. The room at the end of the house on the first floor is a den of sorts off the living room. It and the garage/upstairs were added on in the 1970s, judging from the baseboard heating. The rest of the house seems to have been built (solidly!) in the 1950s and I imagine that a contractor built it for him(most likely)self.


The living room is long with two windows, an eight-foot opening on one end (in this photo) and a five-foot opening on the other end. The fireplace has 'heatilators', vents that will add heat circulation into the room. The front hall is by the stairs.


Note the cabinets built into the walls between the LR and the DR. The DR has a bay window that looks out into the backyard.


You can see out to the backyard in this photo.


The DR has a built-in china cabinet so I can show off my Limoges china :)


The kitchen obviously (or not?) is off the DR; it is longer and narrower than the current kitchen so the great farm table I have in the current one will go into the master BR.


Not a great photo but it shows the banister and the upstairs hall. The door to the left goes to this pine green (including the ceiling, ay) small room with built-in bookcases and a cedar closet, big enough for a twin bed and perhaps my old fliptop desk. Then there's the bathroom. At the end of the hall are the SW and NW rooms — the SW will become my study; the NW a bedroom. There's another BR and closet that doesn't show in the photo.


Here's the master BR. In true introvert manner, I have set up a nest — the bed, box springs, not my favourite, was already there. Eventually I will get a nice bedframe for the room. I don't know what the splotches are in the photo — something wrong with my camera lens. I bought a HD radio for the room so I am set. Our diocesan convention is in Rutland so this will come in handy, even though officially I won't move until mid November.

So, gradually, gradually I am shifting over in thought.

I'd better; I've got already 17 boxes of books in the cellar!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Thanks for the look-see!

Praying for you and the move. Speaking from my own recent moving, it is not easy and I was not where I was for as long as you have been where you are!