
Compa looks at her computer as the NYT posts the incredible news:
OBAMA
Racial Barrier Falls in Heavy Turnout

When Obama spoke, she poured us some St Hilaire champagne. Ignore the mess in the background; that is the extent to which this house has disintegrated.

Since I don't have a television, we watched Obama's speech on the computer from MSNBC but I couldn't resist photographing a few newspaper headlines. Here, the NYT.

Et Le Monde de Paris.

Y El Pais de Madrid.

And finally, the BBC.
3 comments:
Hi Compa! How nice to see these photos.
What a night. Reading your post got me crying all over again.
What a fabulous night...here the headlines were ablaze also...ablaze with JOY! This is such a big deal...you can imagine how people of color respond to this VICTORY...especially oppressed and exploited folks who can´t read but can SEE the face on the FRONTPAGE!
It was quite a night - for me quite a mix of intense emotions. I couldn't go to sleep until late because I was too wired - tired, but wired. I keep thinking of what my feelings would be if McCain had won, and I can't even imagine. I've got to stop thinking about that. I've got to turn off that tape.
Post a Comment