29 November 2008

Newt the Snoot speaks


From this week's New Yorker Talk of the Town:

Like a polluted swamp, anti-gay bigotry is likely to get thicker and more toxic as it dries up. Viciousness meets viscousness. “Look,” Newt Gingrich, the former House Speaker, said the other day (on the air, to Bill O’Reilly), “I think there is a gay and secular fascism in this country that wants to impose its will on the rest of us, is prepared to use violence. . . . I think that it is a very dangerous threat to anybody who believes in traditional religion. And I think if you believe in historic Christianity, you have to confront the fact.” For diversity’s sake, he added that “the historic version of Islam” and “the historic version of Judaism” are likewise menaced—which is natural, given that gay, secular, fascist values are “the opposite of what you’re taught in Sunday school.”

Snoids like Newt the Snoot give Christians a bad name. Pathetic, too, since his sister is lesbian.

Read the rest of the article. It's about Prop 8.

[I nearly lost my face in writing this — Young Guy was doing his hissy business so I picked him up but as I held him, La Doyenne decided she'd attack his tail. Great.]

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

Ugh. But I'm glad you still have your face.