13 December 2008

Yesterday

It is hard to believe that six months ago yesterday, half a year, have passed since Naomi died. It was a glorious June day and now we are in a world encased in ice. A year ago she was praying for hope, going in and out of the little and big houses and wanting so to be home for Christmas (which she was).


Here she is with a good friend during Christmas break last year, 'chilleaxing,' as she called it.

Naomi, I hope you are chilleaxing to the max now... in the Native tradition, you're halfway there to the eastern door. In the Anglican tradition, you're already there in the Communion of Saints... regardless, you are here and there and in our hearts.

1 comment:

Fran said...

Beautiful post. Oh Naomi, I never met her but because of you I prayed for her and pray for her still.