in spirit to Naomi who would have been 27 today. She loved parties and so her family had one (I couldn't make it) with cake, volley ball and all the rest. Apart from the smoke from the forest fires in Québec, they had a glorious day on which to remember Naomi.Here was the birthday girl two years ago today in a new Red Sox t-shirt, a silly crown on her head... celebrating a birthday we all knew in our hearts would be her last on this side of things. We just didn't realise she'd be gone two weeks later.
Naomi's lilacs, one at my place and one at her family's, have not yet bloomed but they are lush and green. The blooms will appear in and around her the anniversary of her death.
Meanwhile, the peonies are beginning to bloom. Not until two years ago did I really pay attention to them; now I do because they were in full bloom as she was dying. There is one peony blooming here as well as at church. They may also be in full bloom up at Naomi's house.
Two years.
Hard to believe.
But... it is what it is, as Naomi said early on in her canser struggle.
Hey, Naomi... stay with us in our hearts.
4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Naomi.
Hugs and prayers. Thank you for being as present as you were for me, when I was sick at the same time.
I have such distinct memories of reading all about Naomi two years ago; I continue to think of her, more often than you might imagine.
And how great it is to see Kirstin's (((Kirstin))) comment, as I have such distinct memories of her courageous behavior as she battled her own cancer.
Prayers for one and all.
I, too, remember Naomi because it was at that time that I began reading your blog. I was touched deeply by how much you cared for her and how present you were to her and her family. We are all connected, aren't we?
Thank you for this special remembrance.
Worded out for right now. See blog.
Post a Comment