08 May 2010

Of cats and fences

Odd combo but that is what is in front of me right now... a shot of La Doyenne perched perfectly on a branch and a branch that crashed through the fence this evening.


She lines up just right with the quetzal.


I didn't think the storm tonight was anything remarkable, just five minutes of wind and hard rain but when I went downstairs to get dinner going, I looked out the kitchen window to see this. The fence went up when the church conveyed an odd strip of property (looks like a former right of way) to the people behind so they could convert the garage into a carriage house (the red building). They provided the fence. This all took place six years ago; I was on Standing Committee which had to approve the transfer. What we lost was a twelve by forty foot strip of land where two rectors back had a garden. Ah.


A panel of this type fence is something like $125-150. Oh well. At least no daffies were smushed.

God help us when the whole tree comes down which will happen sooner than later since it seems to shed branches every night because I am constantly picking them up off the lawn (such as it is).

No comments: