The D020 Task Force finished up its work today. Y'all will see the questions and study guide we produced sometime this summer.
Meanwhile, there was enough time to go to the noontime Eucharist at the Episcopal Church Center. Only seven of us showed up but it was good to put all my travelling around and work into perspective.

There are some wonderful icons and a copy (?) of a 14th-century Madonna and Son in the chapel. As always, I left a candle burning.



It is hard going to 815 nowadays because there are so few people there. The building is designed for a large workforce and no longer does our church have that staffing. I can hear certain deputies saying we should ditch 815 in NYC (I could quote their words because the argument never changes) and while the corporate model is of a bygone era, the emptiness signifies people who lost their jobs, people who were faithful in their duties.
My first trip to 815 was in 1991 with a class on church polity with Dr Pamela Darling. It was a great course, learning about General Convention and all the ins-and-outs from someone who was the President of the House of Deputies, Pamela Chinnis' right hand. The big treat at the end of the semester was trekking across town from General to 815, touring the whole building, meeting the various officers at the different desks and spending some time with the then-Presiding Bishop, Ed Browning.
Memory lane... later, some photos of NYC scenes, the subway, Grand Central Station and the newly opened Highline, a pedestrian walk up on an elevated set of railroad tracks that run down the west side.
Right now I feel the plane dropping altitude in arrival to IND so I will post this before I have to shut down the computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment