
Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none, save things
Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
Such characters in colour dim I mark'd
Over a portal's lofty arch inscrib'd:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import.
A little bit of Dante and Dore to accompany this sad news:
According to the person who answered the phone at the computer store where I left my laptop last week, it is 'beyond all hope.' I am waiting to find out exactly what went wrong but the basic fact remains:

I BOUGHT A LEMON FROM APPLE. I can't believe it. Of course it is way beyond warranty. What irks me is that I barely used the thing, just sank $250 into it to get a new DVD/CD drive and the damn thing broke a week after the drive was put in. So do I save the thing and use it for parts? Try to sell the DVD drive which is BRAND new on ebay? What do I do with a dead laptop that should be OK? And what caused it to die so suddenly? Literally -- I had it up and running before lunch and the next time I tried to boot it up, it started going kaflooey on me. I am still waiting to hear back from the store, but the news sounds dismal.
And where do I come up with $1400 to buy a new one? I am so frustrated with the whole mess that I barely have words. And I am really, really, really disappointed in Apple. I am a diehard Mac user, for 18 years and this is the first time that I have been so shafted. Argh.
No comments:
Post a Comment