
My iBook inexplicably died on me on Monday, while I was still on the road in Chicago. I have used Macs for 18 years now, and have never had one totally go on me the way the iBook seems to have. What really peeves me is that I only bought it in February 2005. That is way too young for a Mac to crater.
I could get as far as the finder, the dock would come up, I might even be able to open an application and then the screen would go blue and black. If I wanted a PC experience, I would have bought one :(
So, I have been off-line all week, which means I have about 500 emails to sift through. As far as commenting on what happened during Executive Council, that is going to go by the wayside because I come back to a super full week.
Meanwhile, I will see if the iBook can be resurrected. The store where I bought it said hard drive failure (three weeks after getting its DVD/CD drive replaced). Someone else said no. I don't know. I can't believe, despite the harsh reality, that I seem to have bought a Mac lemon.
Hence, I feel really betrayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment