10 November 2006

Friday cat blogging

I have an inexhaustable supply of photos of these three. They constantly do things to make me laugh, which is why God created them (though cats don't like to be laughed at...).

The hammock bunk bed my sister gave to the cats four Christmases ago is simply the best ever. This photo from Tuesday sort of represents the state of affairs in the country -- a few brawls here and there. Orange Boy was in the bunk bed first, and La Doyenne decided she'd take over. In that little row, Orange Boy gave up and left.

I found Young Guy asleep on top of the couch in the sitting room downstairs. It's so funny how he had placed his paws. I have everything covered with towels which makes the house look less than shabby but since they all scratch the furniture and the couch belongs to Compa, I am trying to protect it somewhat. In the background is a basket filled with my stole collection.

I am tearing my hair out because of a few things — all church related. To add to the pile, I have a grant proposal to write up (I volunteered to do it and then forgot about it, like so much else, it seems, these days). The bishop wants it next week. Ohh-kay, I guess after the meetings with Executive Council, at night I am going to have to crank out something that still is fairly inchoate.

But the fun part of the day is blessing a six year-old on her birthday. She asked her mother if they would be in church on Sunday so she could get her birthday blessing. Since I won't be here this Sunday, they are coming by this afternoon. Pretty neat. That's the part of parish ministry that makes all the other nonsense (FURNACES, FURNACES, FURNACES) fade in comparison.

And then, tonight, off to a hip-hop evensong (!).

No comments: