18 August 2007

Any ideas?


Anyone have any ideas of what the world-politik and Anglicano will look like when this oft-touted date, 1 October arrives?

We've got the president telling us to wait for the Petreaus report (which will be ghost-written anyway) to be issued 30 September. Not until we get the report, he says, can anyone make any decishons (his pronounciation of it looks like that) on Iraq.

And then we've got a bunch of people clamouring for the House of Bishops' decision also to arrive 30 September (if not before, since that is the 'deadline'). Hold fast, bishops! What you said in March was sufficient.

In any event, it feels like waiting for a cosmic stellar crash. So what's your prognosis for the day after? Mine? Same old, same old.

We'll revisit this as the weeks advance.

4 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

Lots of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Padre Mickey said...

I've been wondering why September 30 was the choice of both the Most Blessed Primates AND the Bestest Dang Preznit We Ever had.

Maybe they all know something we don't, which would surprise me!

Caminante said...

Who did 'This the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.' REO? How do you put that music up as a commentary? (For that matter, how would I put up MP3s of my sermons?)

Padre Mickey said...

I think it was REM, and I'm sorry, but I have no idea how to post MP3s or music. That English priest who vacations as often as George W. Bush probably has a good idea, but you'll have to wait until he returns.

Or check with Richard at Caught By The Light; he posts MP3s of his sermons.