
I caught the words on the radio this morning '100 miles.' It can only mean one thing: it is going to be so gorgeous out today, so clear, that one will be able to see 100 miles from the summits of our mountains. And I am going to be inside all day at clergy day, standing committee and vestry. Wah! Yeah, I have to work to pay the bills but, oh, to know that it is going to be such a good day when they become increasingsly rare is a killer.
So, instead, I miss an old photo taken 0.4 miles from the summit of Mount Washington, looking toward Vermont, beyond the wall of the Great Gulf with Mount Jefferson in the background. On that day, we could see back to Camels Hump. (Without a filter, there's no way the camera can capture that.)
No comments:
Post a Comment