08 September 2007

She sure gets around

This past week I had to go to Cambridge MA to the Episcopal Divinity School to do some Executive Council work. It was an intense two and a half days of cranking out a document with three other people. By day's end I felt the same way I do when I read the General Ordination Examinations — satisfied with the work we have done but very brain weary.

Before starting work, I wandered around Harvard Square (actually, the big accomplishment was driving into Cambridge and arriving intact at the hotel). It's the beginning of the academic year so things were zooey. I looked for Click and Clack's office but couldn't remember in which building it is located.

The subgroup worked at EDS. This view is of the main dormitory. The EDS campus is small but they have access to the Weston School of Theology (which, alas, is going to be moved to Boston College in a consolidation move) and Harvard. EDS, like the General Theological Seminary in NYC, is an oasis in the midst of the city.

No comments: