
I had the chapel and altar of repose to myself for 40 minutes this morning (8.00-9.00 — there was another person there until 8.20). The last blue votive went out while I was there.

Having all the votives was something new to the congregation here, something I took from my former place, but people seemed fine with it.

The stained glass reflections at 9.15 were glorious. The church faces N-S so the light comes in differently... one gets the good reflections first thing in the morning and early evening. The altar looks hand-made (aren't they all?) but I haven't been able to find out its history yet.

Going through the Triduum makes this place feel more like home. I simply cannot imagine having my first Sunday on Easter yet I have read some announcements of clergy who are doing just that. I thought starting out in Advent was hard enough.

Until I find out otherwise, I will think of this altar being made out of Vermont wood.

For a short time the reserve Sacrament rested on the high altar.

The marble is quarried locally.

Here is the church as we left it at 1.30 this afternoon.
It is a bit odd for me not to have participated in an evening/night liturgy, to finish up all my Good Friday duties by 3.00 in the afternoon. So I listen to Priesner's Requiem for a Friend and earlier on, to J. S. Bach's Saint John Passion.
2 comments:
Thanks for the photos. Glad you now have votives in that beautiful church. It's just not church without velas :-).
It's really nice to see some of the details of the inside of the church.
Yes, it´s nice to see the inside of your Church...I like it everytime you invite us in.
Thank you
Post a Comment