26 April 2009

Springtime photos

The church has a memorial garden so this afternoon I spent a little time walking around in it and taking some photos. People's ashes are buried in the garden and then a small stone with their name is placed in the circle that echoes the Celtic cross at one end of the garden. The magnolia trees just came out this week and are splendid.


A black fence surrounds the garden so I took this from outside the enclosure.


Looking upward




Today was the first time I read the stones and so I was surprised to find this one. I will have to find out its history (i.e., was there someone in the congregation who lost someone on 11 September 2001... beyond the collective grief we collectively felt?).


And then I wandered around to the front of the church to get a shot of it in early springtime.

2 comments:

Fran said...

So lovely... I do hope to pay you a visit this summer!

Caminante said...

C'mon over. Your best bet is the 10.00 because I have a track race of 8.00, 9.00 and 10.00 HEs. It would be great to see you and this time I won't have a boa paw.