26 March 2008

Get your prayers going


As Kris Carr author of Crazy, Sexy, Cancer would say, Get your posse going.

So, you all, you are Naomi's prayer posse. She needs your prayers. Spread them far and wide. Put her on whatever prayer list you know. Just pray. Pray for her, her mother, father, four sisters and brother.

She wrote tonight on her website:

So, not so great news. I’m going to finish radiation and try a chemo for two weeks. The chemo wont cure it but we’re hoping that it’ll slow or shrink it a little. It is Ewings and it is growing and being very aggressive. After radiation and chemo they will do an assessment but after that they said that there is nothing else they can do. After the assessment they will be labeling my case as terminal. My parents and I have talked about it and decided to try eveything out there to fight this beast. We’re going to research alternatives and holistic approaches. If anyone has suggestions or knows anything please let me know. I’m hoping things work out but now I really begin my fight.

I can't believe they told her that they would be calling her case 'terminal.' It's so harsh.

If you all know of anything that might help, write me in the comments and I will pass it along.

Our prayers can make a difference. I don't know for what to pray but God knows. Thanks.

7 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

We can pray that God help all involved deal with whatever is coming as gracefully as possible. You included as you keep watch.

Lisa Fox said...

Joining the posse.

What a tough thing for her to deal with!

Jane R said...

Oh, what a harsh path. I join Naomi, her family, and you in a prayer of accompaniment and of trust in God's healing grace.

klady said...

I join you all in prayer and take the liberty of posting your request at my blog, as well. Lord have mercy.

Fran said...

Prayers upon prayers rise up for Naomi.

Joan K said...

Prayers for her...

I would also suggest that she get herself to a major medical center, if she isn't there already. My best friends mother lives in New Hampshire. She was diagnosed with pancriatic cancer and went to Boston for treatment. She survived and it has been 15 years. After successful treatment her doctors told her she wouldn't have survived if she had stayed in New Hampshire. I'd suggest she find the best doctor for her type of cancer and go there. Barring that start looking for research studies and try to get in.

BTW I've had good luck asking doctors where they would send their mother, wife, etc.

Caminante said...

Joan, thanks. She is dealing with Dana Farber, Boston, as her lead hospital and Dartmouth as her local hospital. And, yes, now her family is doing the search for studies and trials and all that.