27 July 2010

Ramifications of SCOTUS decision


Ever since the Supreme Court decided that corporations could be people, we have waited to see what ramifications there will be.

Well, Target has given $100K to a group supporting the Republican (Perublican) gubenatorial candidate — anti-same-sex marriage, anti-immigration reform, pro-business — in Minnesota.

So, I guess they won't be getting a lot of business from those people who favour same-sex marriage, immigration reform and less of a pro-business bent, despite Target's corporate policies that paradoxically are pro-lgbt.

Go figure.

4 comments:

Leonard said...

I can´t wait to NOT GO THERE on my next trip to the States...I just returned from Florida and thankfully I didn´t drop my usual few hundred there on this visit...I was cornered by Dillards and Old Navy SALES! I bearly escaped.

Jane R said...

Oops, okay, there goes Target. Their floor lamps keep falling apart on me anyway; I've been thinking of hitting the sales at Big Lots instead. I should find out who owns Big Lots though... It gets complicated. (Did you know Clorox bought Burt's Bees a few years ago?)

Lois Ann said...

Oh, swell. First Wal-Mart, now Target. That pretty much leaves Kohl's here. Please, please don't tell me anything negative about Kohl's.

Caminante said...

Feel free to lift the graphic I did (yes, this was my version in reaction to the news). Lois, good to see you here!