
Oh, it's always so easy to have a Friday entry. I have an inexhaustible supply of cat photos.
First the window cats, Orange and Young Guy sitting on the window looking out on the main drag. This pose didn't last for too long before Young Guy swatted at Orange Guy who, as always, caved in and left. They get agitated when the black and white cat across the street is out lying in the driveway. Their tails swish back and forth and they make funny noises but to no avail; the other cat is way, way out of reach. (My three are indoor cats; they would be pancakes if I let them outside. People are usually still driving 35-40 mph in a 25 mph zone as they crest the little rise before descending toward my driveway. I have already buried in the backyard some unfortunate stray cat that got hit several years ago.)

Meanwhile, get up out of your chair for two seconds and someone takes over it. The little quilt throw my sister gave me has become quite popular and as soon as I get up, somebody jumps up and settles in. I haven't the heart to move whoever is there so I simply swap chairs, moving my swivel chair mit quilt mit cat to the side and pulling up a more simple wood chair.
I sadly have to leave these happy furries to go spend the night at a Commission on Ministry, Standing Committee (of which I am a member), Postulants and Candidates retreat up at our diocesan retreat center. They'll do fine and I will probably have a slightly sounder sleep because I won't be navigating around three felines, but I will miss them anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment