If you look carefully, you can see the first changing of colour (on the maple tree). The leaves are all getting more yellow, losing their green. Oh, fall is coming along.
The sky was a wonderful grey this afternoon. This photo doesn't show it.
It has been a very, very quiet day because I am prepping for tomorrow's colonoscopy, oh joy, oh rapture. I'll tell you, it's a lot easier than coping with a grumpy gut caused by eating something I shouldn't have in my travels. At least I am not doubled over in pain. Mostly, I am famished. And for that, I am sleepy.
5 comments:
The prep is the worst part of the procedure. Otherwise you'll never know what happened. Praying they find nothing.
Red leaves are appearing more and more quickly here. I've been trying to take more photos of them but with the consecration last weekend and singing in an opera chorus this Friday and the house goings-on, I've been too hurried to stop and enjoy the leaves. I love fall so I'm happily anticipating wearing turtlenecks again and being able to regulate the temperature in the house.
I hope all goes well with the colonoscopy. It's not the procedure so much as the prep, with the long hours of pooping. No nice way to say that.
I pray for a good report from the doctor.
Dear Caminante, It looks like heaven. Oh, that that happy day would come down with all of its falling leaves on our heads. Our temps have finally fallen from triple digits to double ones. A neighbor and I knew we had finally gone mad from the heat when we got out our lawn mowers last week on one particularly "mild and balmy" afternoon to have a go at our lawns. It had "cooled off" to 95!
I can attest that the prep is definitely worse than the procedure! Hope all goes well. :)
Actually, the procedure wasn't exactly fun either because I woke up for the last ten minutes of it and felt a lot of pain as they rounded the last bend in the colon to the point of my protesting with a loud ouch. I got back home and slept four hours this afternoon because I was so crampy, thereby missing a community ecumenical observance of 9-11.
Post a Comment