
Between the motorcycles going by with their super loud pipes (something I can't stand — I want to go deaf on my own terms, thank you very much and I am already halfway there), and the local university firing off a cannon every time their football team scores, I guess an afternoon nap is out of the question. I've got a headache but can't take anything for it because I am having a colonoscopy on Tuesday. So, I guess I just put up with it all and plug away on my sermon.
Young Guy doesn't appreciate the noise either. The cannonfire really bothers him. However, he has yet to hide under the bed, perhaps because I have the study window shut with the AC running.
2 comments:
There are some young cottagers who race back and forth across "my" yard (actually state property) to the lake on a variety of noisy, smelly, gas guzzling machines that annoy me no end. I pray they never move here permanently!
Like our neighbour at our house who yesterday, despite it being super dry and windy, has a 'campfire.' Fortunately, a woman working in our other neighbour's garden called him on it and told him to put it out and that it was illegal because he didn't have a permit. The idiot could have burned down the whole top of the hill. He is totally inconsiderate of those around him. And, yes, he likes his machines, too. (We have forbidden ATVs, motorcycles and anything else that spews exhaust on our property.)
Post a Comment