13 September 2007

WMD


I don't know why I torture myself by listening to the Weapon of Mass Deception. Penance? But for what?

No, it's so I can hear from that man's own mouth the delusional thinking that misguides him.

Does he really think that we can 'come together'? Does he really think this 'war will make us safer at home'? That if we leave Iraq, extremists will recruit more people, control more of the world energy supply, and encourage Iran to have 'nuculer' weapons?

Talk to Riverbend (if you could.. instead, read her blog or buy her books) to see if she thinks this war has been a good idea.

OH! He has obliquely mentioned 9-11. Just couldn't let that go by. And, of course, there are the usual words of 'evil' and 'good.'

Ah, so he says that the work will extend beyond his presidency. No kidding.

I hold respect for the office of president. But right now I do not hold any respect for the person occupying it.

And now, for Senator Jack Reid.

2 comments:

PseudoPiskie said...

I have never been able to watch him. He wears a condescending smirk most of the time which to me gives lie to any claim to be a follower of Jesus. I no longer even respect the office of president. Or respect any office for that matter. My respect has to be earned. But I will still consider the person my equal.

Our current president makes it hard to do that, however, partly because he doesn't agree. People he doesn't like are not as good as he is. Heavens, LGBTs aren't even entitled to all the rights and privileges other Americans have. I hope he cries in private. He's made far too many others cry in public with his own WMD - weapons of mass deception. ugh.

Caminante said...

I don't own a television so I am at least spared the smirk. But his quasi-officious voice (when he's not whining) is bad enough.

"I hope he cries in private." Doubt it. He's the decider. He's right. And he's going to leave the whole mess to someone else to clean up.

"My respect has to be earned." I guess what I am about is that I respect the authority of the office but will never give the person occupying an office power over me. Big distinction to me.