16 January 2008

All in a day


All winter long I have been smelling skunk. When it has warmed up, the smell has been particularly strong. I figured they had moved in under the ramp.

This morning the nursery school teacher solved the mystery. It's kind of sad but mostly gross.

By the corner of the outside of the parish house foyer, in the snow and ice, is a small arrow. She thinks that someone shot the skunk with it but the animal didn't die outright, it wandered over here where it finally died. So we've been smelling a rotting skunk all winter.

So, add that to my list of wondrous achievements. Come thaw, I am going to have to dig that thing out and dispose of it. It ranks on the level with cleaning up a bathroom after people have sicked it up. And people want to get ordained to parish ministry?!

Last night the vestry gently chewed me out for getting up on the roof last week. But I was desperate. My office was getting soaked.

Again, with all that is going on in the world, you can allegorise this as you see fit.

No comments: