03 March 2008

Monday mess

Today held a whiff of spring and with that, melt-down of the stuff outside... at least for a minute because tomorrow we are going to get sleet, freezing rain and snow.


Here are some of the realities with which we have to deal... first, all this dirty ice/water flowing from an ice dam down inside a window between the siding and the wall of the house and perhaps though not yet, working its way through the ceiling in the downstairs room. I don't even want to think about what the exterior wall of the house looks like.


Since I dare not put anything worthwhile on my desk until the snow season is over, it's all piled up on the table by the window. Note how high the pile is outside the window. A couple years ago a falling icicle broke the outside pane of glass on the bottom pane.


Having a blue tarp and towel on your desk is a great excuse for not using it. ;) This is pre-emptive for the time being but there are actually some holes on the roof outside.


Here's a close-up of the snow outside the west window of the office.


I woke up this morning to hear a front end loader outside on the street. The town was pushing snow off the main street, away from the storm drains up on the side street into the neighbour's and my yards. So now we have a huge pile of dirty stuff that will add to the run-off for whenever we thaw out.


Is it any surprise that I just want to hide out the way Young Guy is?


Meanwhile, I visited for a while this gorgeous Snowshoe Siamese kitty who is most affectionate and playful. Her person is away for a short while and invited us cat lovers to go visit her kitty in her absence.

Lastly, for the first time in for ever, the campaigns are paying attention to lowly Vermont. I have gotten a canned call from both the Obama and Clinton campaigns and a live (semi-dead person on the other end) from the Obama campaign. Tomorrow it's voting time at town meeting.

No comments: